Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chasing Ivan

A couple of evenings ago I met a bunch of my neighbors on my street and the next one over. I didn't get to find out their names or anything. I was too busy yelling "He doesn't bite -- can you grab him?"

It all started when I didn't quite close the garage screen door. Next thing I knew, Ivan shot by and headed up the alley. The good thing was, I was ready to go. I hopped in the car and started following.

The first neighbors helped me corner Ivan in a backyard. But he slipped past us all and headed down 7th. When he spotted Joan and Erinna heading up toward him, he reversed and headed toward Paramount. I lost sight of him briefly, but the next nice neighbor pointed around the corner. We leap-frogged around the block twice, meeting more neighbors (and intimidating a few kids).

Ivan is evil. When Raspy used to get loose, he was always tripped up by his desire to meet new people. Ivan, on the other hand, looks them in the eye and scoots on past them. His only downfall is cats. He finally chased a cat into a garage, and another friendly neighbor bravely grabbed him before he could scoot out.

All around, an interesting outing. Twenty minutes of exercise, brief interactions with a dozen neighbors, and Ivan safely back in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment